Hello everyone! I wanted to share with you a Filipino treat I grew up with. Unlike most cupcakes that are moist, this one is more of a muffin in texture. It's a little on the heavy side, and I love to pair it with coffee.
I found this recipe on the internet at Filipino-Food-Recipes.com What I will share here is half of the recipe which makes 12 standard size cupcakes. I hope you like it too. -GG-
Makes 12 standard size cupcakes
12 baking cups
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup sugar*
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon double acting baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt**
1 can condensed milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (half to mix, and half for the topping)***
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Lightly grease the cupcake pan and drop in baking cups
3. Mix dry ingredients together
4. In a separate container, combine condensed milk and vegetable oil
5. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
6. Alternately add dry & wet ingredients starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Do not
7. Stir in cheddar cheese
8. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into lined cupcake pans. Bake for about
22-25 minutes. Test for done-ness by sticking a toothpick down into the center of the
cupcake. The toothpick should come out dry when it's done.
*I reduced the sugar by about 1 teaspoon, as I thought it was too sweet.
**I used 1/4 teaspoon salt
***I added more cheese to make it cheesier
|A delicious snack in between meals. Start brewing your coffee. -GG-|