If you've read my previous breakfast posts, you would know that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. And the bigger the breakfast, the better for me. Today, I dedicate my post to my niece in Malaysia, whom I will call Little Miss B. To my cute little niece, I promise I will make you breakfast the next time you visit L.A.
I created this breakfast out of leftover veggies. You can certainly use other veggies. Feel free to experiment. This will probably cost close to $10 in a restaurant, but with a little imagination, its a fraction of the cost. Well, what are we waiting for, pour the coffee, and let's eat. -GG-
1/2 cup chopped broccoli florettes
5 pieces mushrooms (chopped)
1 slice of bacon (cut up into small pieces)
2 Tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
2 Teaspoons butter
1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly before cooking.
2. Heat up 1 teaspoon of butter on low heat. Add in the broccoli and saute until cooked. Set aside.
3. Heat up the remaining butter in the same pan and saute the mushrooms until cooked. Set aside.
4. Using the same pan, cook the bacon pieces until crisp, set aside.
5. Separate the eggs. Beat egg whites until fluffy. Add in the egg yolks and beat well. Pour it in the pan where you fried the bacon, using the bacon grease leftover. Add in all the veggies, bacon, and cheese on top of the egg. Fold the sides into the center and flip over. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve with toast and potatoes. I bought frozen O'Brien potatoes, which I pan fried.
|Saute broccoli and mushrooms in butter.|
|Place the veggies, bacon and cheese on top of the egg. Fold the sides to the center and flip over.|
|Serve with potatoes, buttered toast & jam, and coffee. Yum!|